Click here for the latest Dollars for Scholars Newsletter!
Dollars for Scholars
SLP Class of 1968 Memorial Fund in Memory of Classmates Lost
Submitted by Sid Wood:
Three years ago, Melissa Hield, Ellen Joseph and I made the initial donations to start the St. Louis Park Class of 1968 Memorial Fund. We are seeking further donations, both large and small, on an annual basis or as a onetime gift. The intent is to provide a single scholarship annually to one graduate of St. Louis Park High School over an extended period of time.
1. Donations to our fund become a part of the St. Louis Park Chapter of Dollars for Scholars, awarded only to St. Louis Park High School graduates.
2. The money is invested conservatively by Dollars for Scholars with approval by our donating group, the SLP Class of 1968.
3. Generally, $1,000 is awarded annually to one student. It could be more depending upon how the SLP Class of 1968 want the funds distributed and how much we have available.
4. The student awarded the funds can be narrowed by our input. We can suggest it be a student going to a specific university, or focusing on a certain major, or what they did in high school for grades, community outreach, school activities, etc. We will be in close consultation with SLP school counselor, Barb Nelson to make any determination. Alternatively, we could leave it up to the SLP counselors and teachers to make it for us, based upon our guidelines. Final details to be determined when we reach at least $1000 in donations.
5. The money is sent directly to the school of their choice, in the student’s name, and is not sent directly to the student.
6. There is nothing we have to do other than award the money. SLP High School and Dollars for Scholars coordinates and completes the money transactions on our behalf.
If you are interested in contributing funds to build and support a St. Louis Park Class of 1968 Scholarship please click on the link and follow the directions. There will be a place where you can direct your contribution to the St. Louis Park Class of 1968.
If you prefer options other than the internet, you can contact Dollars for Scholars via mail:
St. Louis Park Dollars for Scholars
P.O. Box 16403
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
GO PARK! GO ORIOLES!